Free Hearing Evaluations
At Hearing Professionals your hearing evaluation, or “test”, is at NO COST to you. Yes, absolutely FREE!* It includes several tests that measure how well you hear a variety of sounds such as tones and speech. Hearing tests are conducted by an Audiologist or state-licensed Hearing Instrument Specialist in a sound-treated booth. Generally, hearing test results have one of two outcomes: normal hearing or some degree of hearing loss.
Steps to Better Hearing
Following your free hearing evaluation, together we will choose the instrument best suited for you, and your budget. Then we will take the following steps:
- If an in-the-ear device is chosen, we’ll take an exact impression of your ear to provide a custom-fitted instrument. A soft, putty-like material will be inserted into your ear canal and will fill up the outer portion of your ear. The impression is then sent to the hearing aid manufacturer to create a custom fit.
- After we receive your hearing aid, you’ll come in for your initial fitting. At this time we’ll program the hearing aid to provide the appropriate volume and tonal quality. We’ll also show you how to use it and take care of it, and review any concerns or expectations you have.
- We will provide you with all the information you need regarding your new instrument, so you can get the most out of it.
- A follow-up appointment may be scheduled to monitor your progress. If necessary, we can adjust the settings on the instrument as you become used to hearing things more clearly.
- You can arrange additional follow-up appointments as needed. We’re always here to help.
- We also provide (assistive listening devices) and hearing aid (repair services).
*Children under the age of 18 must have a referral from an ENT and can only be seen for hearing loss and not for chronic medical issues relating to the ears. Screening for employers is not included in this program.